Building & Energy is proposing a suite of changes to the existing building approvals process in response to national efforts to achieve better buildings.
Some of the proposals include:
• Greater powers for Local Government;
• Mandatory response to DFES advice at any time during construction;
• Third-party review of building fire design;
• Minimum-term contracts for building surveyors;
• Professional registration for engineers and building surveyors;
• A code of conduct for building surveyors;
• The need to have every variation approved during construction – with an up to 21 day waiting period
With an added focus on urban renewal and increased infill across Perth, these proposals have the potential to slow development and add cost, and are game changers in achieving Perth’s vision. The proposed changes will affect Architects, Building Designers, Surveyors, Developers and Builders.
Hear directly about these proposals and take the chance to provide feedback. With the property industry’s response due to Government by April 3, it’s urgent that you get across the planned changes and share your views with the Property Council at this critical seminar.
Principal Policy Officer
Building and Energy Division,
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
WA Executive Director,
Property Council of Australia
This session will be followed by networking.
THIS IS A MEMBER ONLY EVENT.
Proudly Supported by: