LEADERSHIP IN RETIREMENT LIVING
THIS COURSE WILL RUN OVER 2 FULL DAYS, 4 & 11 MAY 2021
Developed in partnership with retirement living and leadership experts, this two-day course is a unique program designed for managers working in retirement living.
Participants will develop their leadership capability and people management skills needed to achieve success within the complexities of a retirement living setting.
- Know themselves and adapt their approach to positively impact others and village culture
- Engage and motivate people to achieve the best outcomes for residents, the village and the business
- Understand the bigger picture and steer their teams in the right direction to achieve results
- Facilitate meaningful conversations and productive meetings with staff and residents that produce clear outcomes
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Techniques to create a positive culture that leads to “First Class” resident experiences and business results
- Insights into your individual management and communication style
- Adapting your approach to build credibility and trust in all your village relationships
- A method to help you and your team focus on the bigger picture
- How to hold tough conversations with residents, casual and permanent staff, and other stakeholders to create positive outcomes
- Facilitation techniques to host productive team and resident committee meetings
Learning is supported by pre- and post-course on-the-job activities to apply techniques in the workplace.
Being a Leader – Day 1
- From mate to manager – wearing different hats with staff and residents
- Understand self and others – strengths, pitfalls and adapting your approach to positively impact culture
- Techniques to build long lasting trusting relationships with staff and residents
- Build a positive mindset and accountability
Create a Positive Culture and Achieve Results – Day 2
• Lay the foundations for performance
• Motivate and empower individuals and teams
• Give and receive effective feedback
• Hold difficult performance, resident and staff conversations
• Techniques to host positive and productive meetings for individuals, teams and resident meetings
This course is ideal for:
- Village managers
- Owner operators
- Sales managers
- Anyone in a retirement living management role or aspiring to be