INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY SECTOR MASTERCLASS
The Property Council Academy, with the support of the Industrial Committee, is excited to present the Industrial Insights Unpacked online half-day course unpacking the insights of the industrial and logistics sector. Learn from the best in the industry, supported by real life case studies in an interactive Virtual Classroom, which allows you to attend from anywhere in Australia or overseas.
An overview of the Industrial and Logistics market and the importance of the sector to the Australian economy, including:
- What is industrial and logistics?
- How does the sector contribute to the economy?
- Industrial property types and purpose
- Performance of the Industrial and logistics property market
- Fundamental drivers of the sector; and
- Typology and what it means for rents, covenants and cap rates.
SUPPLY CHAIN INSIGHTS
All the key considerations for a logistics business when choosing a location, including:
1. The strategic cost and service value drivers behind an industrial property decision:
a. Growth Strategies, Customer needs, Market Competition, Acquisitions / Mergers
2. The relative differences for alternate types of users and what will influence their decisions.
a. Ecommerce vs traditional business models
b. Manufacturing vs Supply and Distribution business models
Explore a recent case study of Snackbrands, Erskine Park to demonstrate the life cycle of an industrial development in this interactive Q&A session. Highlights include:
- Acquisition process
- Rezoning, planning and masterplanning process
- Customer engagement and subsequent lease negotiation
- Contractor engagement and construction process
- Commissioning and handover; and
- Lessons learnt
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone wishing to broaden their Industrial market knowledge, including:
- Development managers
- Acquisition managers
- Future Directions