BUSINESS WRITING IN PROPERTY
Business writing is a skill that all property professionals need in order to get things done. Business Writing in Property is a highly interactive workshop, allowing participants to apply the ideas presented to their own situations and documents. Participants will be asked to bring samples of typical documents to the workshop for review.
OVER HALF DAY, YOU WILL COVER:
• Introduce the importance of business writing to property professionals
• Discuss the typical challenges faced by readers and writers of business documents
• Introduce the writing process: plan, organise, and present.
Planning your document
• Discuss the importance of planning a document
• Demonstrate how to identify the purpose and intended result of a document
• Discuss typical audiences for property business documents, audience characteristics to consider, and the implications for your writing
Organising your document
• Introduce the importance of chunking your information into individual ideas and providing headings for each idea, and explain the research behind this.
• Demonstrate how to identify the content required for a document
• Discuss structuring and sequencing strategies
Presenting your document
• Discuss best practice ideas for writing and presenting your property business document: make it simple, make it clear and make it short
• Present best practice ideas for the use of visual aids including lists, tables, and charts and graphics.
THIS COURSE WILL BE SUITED TO:
NEED TO TRAIN YOUR TEAM?
The Business Writing in Property course is ideal as an in-house company program. Please speak to us for further information.
YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS COURSE WITH: