The Property Council has provided a submission to the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection with a submission on the discussion paper – Our Heritage: A collaborative effort.
The submission focuses on the need to reduce unnecessary regulation in the identification, registration and protection of heritage places under the Queensland Heritage Act 1992 (the Act).
The submission also raises key issues, including:
- The need to remove protections for anonymous nominators.
- Increased timeframes for owners to respond to heritage recommendations.
- The importance of not increasing emergency or essential maintenance requirements.
- Increasing the scope of works under exemption certificates.
- Providing a value test to assess the economic rationale for building repairs.
The Property Council’s submission is available at the PDF link below.