Cross River Rail Precinct Delivery Strategy released
The Queensland Government has announced consultation will commence on the development of five new precinct areas as part of the Cross River Rail’s Precinct Delivery Strategy.
The Precinct Delivery Strategy aims to transform the city by leveraging the development of the $5.4 billion Cross River Rail project to deliver five unique areas with high connectivity.
The centrepiece of the strategy is the new Brisbane Live Arena at Roma Street. The government has begun a market sounding process to assess the private sector’s interest in the entertainment precinct.
The core themes of the precincts included in the strategy are:
- Exhibition station precinct will accelerate the area’s urban renewal creating a connected health, housing, and recreation hub.
- Roma Street station precinct will become the western gateway to the City’s premier cultural and entertainment offerings.
- Albert Street station precinct will be the stimulus for a city heart transformation
- Woolloongabba station precinct will become a vibrant centre for community, sport, and health
- Boggo Road station precinct will develop further into a world-class innovation precinct, specialising in research, health, science and education jobs of the future
Public consultation has also now opened on the design concepts for the new Exhibition station. The design concepts include three new pedestrian connections, a new 165m long platform and vertical transport solutions to improve accessibility, movement and connectivity.
For more information or to provide feedback, please visit https://crossriverrail.qld.gov.au/stations-routes/exhibition-station/
For more information regarding the Precincts Strategy or Brisbane Live’s market sounding process, please visit https://crossriverrail.qld.gov.au/station-precincts/