SUPPORT FOR THE GOLD COAST’S BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION SECTORS
The City of the Gold Coast has announced a range of incentives to support the property industry.
The measures are intended to stimulate and accelerate building and construction work, especially for smaller scale projects. The measures include:
- Express Development Application process designed to streamline approvals for smaller scale applications
- Reduced fees for all Referral Agency Applications for 12 months
- Waived fees for existing businesses that want to change their operations as a result of COVID-19 until 30 December 2020
- Fees waived for pre lodgement meetings until 30 June 2021
- Reduced time to assess a request to change a Development Approval where construction has commenced
The measures will be available from 1 October 2020, with the exception of the Express Development Application process which will be available from the 27 October 2020.
Click here to find out more about the Council’s stimulus measures and Express DA service.