Delivering for you: 2019 NT Advocacy Wins
Representing 58 member companies in NT and a network of 500 individuals, we strive to deliver excellence to our members by providing market insights, advocacy, thought leadership and networking and professional development opportunities.
Property Council members are the leaders of a sector that employs 1.4 million Australians, more than mining and manufacturing combined. They represent the full spectrum of the industry, including those who invest, finance, own, manage and develop all sectors of property, creating landmark projects and environments where people live, work, shop and play.
Our members invest in the Property Council because we deliver policy outcomes which make NT a more attractive state for investment.
We will continue to prioritise our time and energy on advocating for policies which are in the business interests of our members and build prosperity, jobs and strong communities.
Our priorities in 2019
We will champion the policy priorities of members and challenge the government to undertake bold reform.
- Continue to push for policies to reverse the economic downturn that has followed the oil and gas booms.
- Ensure the Northern Territory remains a competitive place to invest, own and manage property by opposing the introduction of unbalanced property related taxes.
- Advocate the development of a policy that will address fragmentation across all Central Business Districts.
- Champion residential densification in the central business districts and encourage timely investment in community infrastructure.
- Ensure the timely delivery of the Darwin City deal funding and continue to improve the economic development outcomes.
- Continue to advance the proper integration of the Darwin City Centre MasterPlan into the Central Darwin Area Plan and the Planning Scheme to provide business certainty and investment opportunities.
- Champion the development of the North through continuous campaigning to the government by monitoring opportunities that align with our strategic Masterbrand.