Message from the President
The Property Council of Australia’s mission is to champion a strong property industry.
Louise Mason – New South Wales President (Chief Operating Officer, AMP Capital)
We represent one of the state’s economic heavyweights – property accounts for 11 percent of economic growth and one in 10 jobs in NSW. In short, NSW succeeds when property flourishes.
The Property Council’s role is to work with our members to translate our economic muscle into stronger advocacy that tells a story of prosperity, jobs and stronger communities.
Good policy makes a difference – and that’s what we communicate to governments.
Our agenda has five key aims:
- Planning reform to cut time, cost and red tape for projects
- Asset recycling to pay for the infrastructure our global cities need
- Council amalgamations to create 21st century local government
- Designing fairer taxes to reduce the burden on property
- Building stronger regions, particularly in the Hunter and Illawarra.
The outstanding contribution of industry volunteers, particularly from our committees, helps us sharpen the case we make to government. And we’re an increasingly active voice in public and media debates.
We also work hard to provide member services that benefit business. From our networking forums that help you access the hot topics, industry leaders and latest research through to our pioneering work on women and diversity, we deliver great member experiences.
Membership of the Property Council delivers real value for your business and staff.