Less Red Tape
The Property Council targets red tape reduction as it eases the time and cost of doing business, lifts productivity across the industry and allows innovation to flourish.
Property-related companies incur significant administrative and holding costs when complying with inconsistent and poorly designed regulations, including:
- Planning approval applications for property developments
- Building permit applications and building regulation compliance
- Real estate licensing
- Multiple environmental assessment processes.
Mechanisms to achieve significant red-tape reductions in the property industry include:
- Independent and depoliticised development application assessment processes
- A common market for property related laws
- A single national code for building regulations
- Common real estate licensing across Australia
- A one-stop shop for environmental assessments and approvals covering state and federal regulations
- A streamlined arrangement for reporting sustainability obligations.